The foam that I used in this video was a #16 closed cell urethane foam supplied by US-Composites. Here’s a link to their foam page for spec’s and pricing. In total I believe I used roughly 4 gallons (2 gal of part A, and 2 gal of part B) for this rudder which was for a Freedom 35.
When doing this type of repair, it really helps to have the rudder mounted on a couple of saw horses. This allows good access to all sides of the rudder, and makes it easy to tilt the rudder on edge for pouring the foam (ensuring that all the nooks and pockets get completely filled).
The next video should be out in a couple weeks
Please ‘Like’ or ‘Share’ above and join the discussion below in our comments section!!
Also, please remember that there are extended ad-free versions of these video’s available for Patreon supporters! Please click below to find out more.
Materials, Tools, & Suppliers
- 2 Part Closed Cell Foam