This episode covers the general scope of the project. The issue that we ran into here surprisingly wasn’t a rotten core, but rather the plywood core itself completely delaminated! After cutting the top fiberglass skin off, I removed all of the damaged core material and started getting things prepped for the next step; cutting and installing the NEW plywood core.
Stay tuned for part 2!!
The moisture meter that I used is made by Electrophysics and is their CT100 model.
I can’t say enough about this tool; it’s become one of the major work-horses in my shop and since the day I first tried it I’ve always wondered how I got by without it!!!
Please ‘Like’ or ‘Share’ above and join the discussion below in our comments section!!
Also, please remember that there are extended ad-free versions of these video’s available for Patreon supporters! Please click below to find out more.